Subaru Forester 2010: Why is my exhaust pipe leaking water?
Asked by Dave
My 2010 Subaru Forester has recently been emitting water from the offside exhaust pipe, even after a 10-15 km drive in 20-plus degree weather. I normally park on an uphill slope and maybe 1/4 - 1/2 cup of water is on the ground if I leave it overnight. Coolant level is not dropping, performance, economy and driveability seems unaltered and the blue dashboard warning light that goes off when the engine has warmed up does not appear to be taking any longer to extinguish. The twin exhaust pipes and mufflers separate from a single pipe from the engine, but the nearside one is not nearly as bad. I've experimented using fuel (91 as I've used since new) from different sources with no difference. Any ideas?
Answered by CarsGuide11 Oct 2019
As the car is running normally, with no other signs of a problem it’s most likely to be condensation in the exhaust system. If so it’s nothing to worry about. Changing the fuel won’t make any difference.
Other Subaru Forester problems
- What is causing a whistling noise from the exhaust of my 2007 Subaru Forester?
- Is a 4WD necessary for travelling through regional Queensland?
- What is the best family SUV for around $20000?
- What model X-Trail or Forester should I buy for less than $19000
- What wagon should I buy for less than $35000?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Subaru
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers