Should I buy a petrol or diesel car?
- Nissan Qashqai
- Nissan Qashqai 2016
- Nissan Advice
- Nissan Qashqai Reviews
- Nissan SUV Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Pranav Patel
I'm confused between a Nissan QASHQAI 2.0-litre petrol and 1.6-litre diesel. Both are new, 2016 build, but 2017 compliance from a Nissan dealer. They are both costing me the same, both high-end models. I do drive a bit on weekends, but weekdays I might do 10 km in total, as I live very near to my work. I have heard that you need to drive 20 min daily if one likes a diesel car. I never owned a diesel car before. Kindly advise me on which variant to go for?
Answered by CarsGuide2 Jun 2017
Diesels work at their best when they're running fully warmed-up and for long periods. If you aren't doing a reasonable amount of kilometres you can have trouble with the DPF system in the car, which can become clogged and require servicing to clear it. In your situation, doing very short trips to and from work each day I would buy the petrol variant.
Other Nissan Qashqai problems
- My Nissan Qashqai has been serviced but a systems warning fault is still coming up on my screen.
- Why does my 2014 Nissan Qashqai shake when climbing an incline?
- How do I replace the blinker globe on my 2018 Nissan Qashqai?
- How do you update the maps in the 2020 Nissan Qashqai Ti?
- Nissan Qashqai 2018: Why are certain functions randomly shutting down?
- Nissan Qashqai: Why don't the windows work?
- Nissan Qashqai 2014: Coolant problems
- Toyota Aurion: What car is more comfortable?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Every electric car available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the...
- Best vehicles for towing a caravan
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Every electric car available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
12 best EVs available in Australia
Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the difference?
Best vehicles for towing a caravan
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia