Mitsubishi Pajero 2004: Rear axle problems
- Mitsubishi Pajero
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2004
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Pajero Reviews
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
Asked by Robert
Twelve months ago while traveling down the highway towing my caravan, the left rear axle on my 2004 Mitsubishi Pajero came out of the diff. The mechanic who repaired the axle thought the circlip had failed. Six months later I had the same problem occur again. I told the mechanic that this had happened before so he rang the Mitsubishi dealer to find out if they were aware of this axle problem and was told that they were and they advised him to replace both axles with longer ones. Arriving home I contacted Mitsubishi about the problem and was told that If I had taken the vehicle to a Mitsubishi dealer they would have repaired the problem and for me to forward the receipts to them and to apply for a refund. After some time I was informed that the vehicle was too old to receive a refund.
Answered by CarsGuide7 Dec 2012
I would strongly argue the case that the failure is a safety related issue and shouldn't affect the warranty. Besides the company has already admitted to you that there is a problem, which it seems to me leaves them with nowhere to go.
Other Mitsubishi Pajero problems
- What's a good 4WD for the outback?
- What is causing my 2014 Mitsubishi Pajero to blow black smoke, jolt through gears and only go 60km/h?
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2002: Is 324,000kms too many?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2010: What problems are there with this model?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2004: What can I claim from insurance?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2009: Why isn't the accelerator working?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2003: Why is the four-wheel drive symbol flashing?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Everything you need to know about car sharing...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Everything you need to know about car sharing in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia