Peugeot 308 2012: Failing turbocharger
- Peugeot 308
- Peugeot 308 2012
- Peugeot Advice
- Peugeot 308 Reviews
- Peugeot Hatchback Range
- Peugeot Wagon Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Neil Davies
The turbocharger on my Peugeot 308 turbo-diesel recently blew up. The car had done 60,000 km and as it's still under warranty the dealer replaced it, but the new turbo lasted 30 km before it too blew up. The dealer claimed that there might have been residue in the exhaust manifold that was sucked into the new turbo and agreed to replace the turbo and exhaust system. Once again it lasted 30 km before being towed back to the dealer, who now claims this to be an oil pressure problem and is trying to rectify it. My concern is that if this was an oil pressure problem can they guarantee that the rest of the motor has not been affected, and does the lemon rule apply to this situation?
Answered by CarsGuide12 Oct 2012
I would think the problem is not an oil pressure problem, but more likely an oil supply problem to the turbocharger. It would be a severe problem given that the turbocharger is lasting a mere 30 km. I would expect that he has changed the oil when replacing the turbocharger, but that would be a must if he hasn't done it. There are no 'lemon' laws in Australia, so you have to battle that one alone.
Other Peugeot 308 problems
- What is causing the oil warning light to come on in my 2009 Peugeot 308?
- What used car should I buy?
- Peugeot 308 2014: Is there any known problems with the timing chain on the 1.6 petrol turbo engine?
- Peugeot 308 2009: What battery does it need?
- How does the Peugeot 308 compare to the Mazda 3?
- Peugeot 308 2013: Is my Allure a lemon?
- Peugeot 308 2008: Problem with the ECU?
- Updating from a 308
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- A guide to converting your old car to...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Peugeot
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
A guide to converting your old car to electric