Odyssey trimming fading away
- Honda Odyssey
- Honda Advice
- Honda Odyssey Reviews
- Honda People mover Range
- People mover
- 7 seater
Asked by Lorraine Aitkin
I bought my 2004 Honda Odyssey from a Honda dealer a year ago and the trim was like new at that time, but a year later, with 90,000 km on the odo, the fabric trim on the front seats us badly frayed and spilt at the seams. I weigh just 48 kg and am not rough on my cars; my husband weighs 80 kg, but is hardly ever in the car. I have been to two trimmers to have it repaired and both told me the fabric was poor and neither has seen anything like it before. Both told me take it up with Honda, which I did, but my claim was rejected due to the car's age. The dealer told me to buy some seat covers. Do you think this is general wear and tear, and do you think Honda should help with the cost of repairs?
Answered by CarsGuide21 Oct 2010
From the photos you supplied it would seem that the wear is extreme for a car that's just six years old, but because it is that old and well out of warranty I would think you would have little chance of success in getting Honda to help with the cost of repairs.
Other Honda Odyssey problems
- Should I buy a Honda Odyssey?
- Honda Odyssey: Key replacement cost
- Honda Odyssey: Which one should I buy?
- Seven or eight-seater for my family
- Avensis good pick for a family car?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Is it illegal to drive with the interior...
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Honda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Is it illegal to drive with the interior lights on?
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia