Nissan Navara: Fuel consumption
- Nissan Navara
- Nissan Navara 2011
- Nissan Advice
- Nissan Navara Reviews
- Nissan Commercial Range
- Nissan Ute Range
Asked by Sebastian Azagra
I am concerned about the amount of fuel my 2011 Nissan Navara diesel is consuming. It's stickered values are 7.5, 9.0 and 11.7 L/100 km for extra-urban, combined and urban driving conditions respectively, but the best I have been able to achieve has been 10.9L/ 100 km on a long trip down the highway with the cruise control set at 100 km/h. I notified the dealer at both the 1000 km and 10,000 km services and their response has been that the engine is still needs to running in. The car is now due for its 20,000 km service and there has been no noticeable improvement. Is there something that can be done to solve this problem, or have Nissan fix or replace a faulty product?
Answered by CarsGuide21 Dec 2012
Tell the dealer of your concerns when you take it in for servicing and ask that they do a full diagnostic check on the car. Don't accept their view that it's still running in, that's a way of fobbing you off. It's possible you have a faulty sensor that's throwing the fuel economy out.
Other Nissan Navara problems
- Does a 2011 Nissan Navara Turbo have a timing belt or chain warning light?
- How do I take my Nissan Navara out of limp mode?
- How much will it cost to replace the clutch in my 2008 Nissan Navara?
- Does the 2010 Nissan Navara have a timing belt or chain?
- Why has my 2011 Nissan Navara lost most of its engine power?
- Which 4x4 Dual Cab ute should I buy?
- Is the 2007 Nissan Navara a good choice?
- Nissan Navara 2010: Why is the engine light coming on?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Cars that start with E
- Cars that start with G
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Cars that start with E
Cars that start with G