Nissan Navara 2007: Fuel injector reliability
Asked by Sam Stead
I am looking at buying a 2007 Nissan Navara STX 2.5-litre 4-cylinder from a private seller. It has done approx. 150,000 km and appears to have been well looked after with service history etc., but I am concerned about the fuel-injectors, as I have been told they are prone to go around the 150,000 km stage. Is there something I should look for that might indicate that there maybe a problem? It has also been fitted with a diesel chip and when the revs are between 1000 and 2000 rpm it makes a ticking noise. Could this be because of the chip?
Answered by CarsGuide13 Jun 2014
Injector wear is a problem with all common-rail diesels, not just the Nissan. You should be able observe rough running, perhaps black smoke from the exhaust, and high fuel consumption. The chip won't be causing your ticking noise; that will be a mechanical noise. You need to determine where the noise is coming from to be able to locate the cause. One thing I would be looking at the camshaft timing chain, they wear and sometimes break on the Navara, and that's one possible source of your ticking noise.
Other Nissan Navara problems
- What is the best reliable ute?
- Does a 2011 Nissan Navara Turbo have a timing belt or chain warning light?
- How do I take my Nissan Navara out of limp mode?
- How much will it cost to replace the clutch in my 2008 Nissan Navara?
- Does the 2010 Nissan Navara have a timing belt or chain?
- Why has my 2011 Nissan Navara lost most of its engine power?
- Which 4x4 Dual Cab ute should I buy?
- Is the 2007 Nissan Navara a good choice?
Most viewed in Advice
- Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
- Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking...
- Best cars for P platers
- How much does a car salesperson earn in...
- Caravan vs camper trailer vs motorhome - how...
- Cars that start with X
- Everything you need to know to pass your...
- Is it illegal for passengers to drink in a...
- Selling your car privately or to a dealer
- 4x4 or 4x2 high rider ute | which is best for...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking affordable vehicles
Best cars for P platers
How much does a car salesperson earn in Australia?
Caravan vs camper trailer vs motorhome - how to choose the right one for you
Cars that start with X
Everything you need to know to pass your driving test (update)
Is it illegal for passengers to drink in a car?
Selling your car privately or to a dealer
4x4 or 4x2 high rider ute | which is best for me?