Nissan Dualis 2010: Should I change to a single-mass flywheel?
- Nissan Dualis
- Nissan Dualis 2010
- Nissan Advice
- Nissan Dualis Reviews
- Nissan SUV Range
- 7 seater
Asked by Benj
The dual-mass flywheel clutch in my 2010 Nissan Dualis is slowly failing. It's been suggested to convert to a single-mass flywheel, but one mechanic I spoke to said they cause vibrations that are felt by anyone in the car. Is this so? Is it worth just spending more on the original dual-mass replacement than go the cheaper single-mass option just to money save?
Answered by CarsGuide18 May 2018
The dual-mass flywheel was introduced to reduce the vibrations in the driveline, so in that sense the mechanic was right, but unless you’re very sensitive you’re unlikely to be bothered by any vibrations that might result from changing to a single-mass flywheel. The advantage of switching to a single-mass flywheel is that the clutch is likely to last longer and be cheaper to replace when it does wear out.
Other Nissan Dualis problems
- Nissan Daulis 2014: How to fix the front seat?
- Nissan Dualis 2011: Won't lock
- Nissan Dualis 2013: Are there common problems over 175,000km?
- Would a 2009 Nissan Dualis with 210,000km on the clock be reliable?
- Nissan Dualis 2013: Is 175,000km going to cause a problem?
- Can you recommend an SUV for my family?
- Nissan Dualis 2012: Are these gearbox issues normal?
- Best car for legroom, seating, towing and reliability?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Every electric car available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- The top five biggest problems with hybrid...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Every electric car available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
The top five biggest problems with hybrid cars
Cheapest electric car in Australia