Mazda BT-50 2013: Burst heater hose
- Mazda BT-50
- Mazda BT-50 2013
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda BT-50 Reviews
- Mazda Commercial Range
- Mazda Ute Range
Asked by Roger
My 2013 Mazda BT-50 recently suffered catastrophic engine failure and requires a new engine, despite having only done 100,000 km and being just 12 months out of warranty. A heater hose burst, which dumped the coolant and overheated the engine.
The temp gauge did not move and there were no dash warnings before the engine blew. As the vehicle has an impeccable service record I expected some sort of assistance from Mazda, but they are telling me this amounts to fair wear and tear and refuse to enter into any further correspondence. What can I do?
Answered by CarsGuide19 Jan 2018
It’s hard to believe there was no warning before the engine blew. The engine would not instantly overheat the moment the coolant was dumped and there would have been some signal to indicate all was not well. If Mazda are refusing to talk to you, you could take it to VCAT and make a claim.
Other Mazda BT-50 problems
- Why is my 2019 Mazda BT-50 is losing traction?
- Why is my 2015 Mazda BT-50 losing power?
- Is a Mazda BT-50 or Ford Ranger better for touring?
- Are the fifth and sixth gears in my 2016 Mazda BT-50 overdrive gears?
- Why does the transmission in my 2017 Mazda BT-50 take so long to engage?
- Why has the transmission light come on in my 2012 Mazda BT-50?
- Is there an allowable tolerance for the fitment of the aluminium tray on my 2020 Mazda BT-50?
- What is causing the automatic gearbox to clunk in my 2014 Mazda BT-50?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers