Mitsubishi Triton 2012: Diesel valve clearance
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Mitsubishi Triton 2012
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Triton Reviews
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
Asked by Paul Greenslade
My 2012 Mitsubishi Triton diesel has just had its 30,000km service and I was disturbed to see that the service includes a valve clearance adjustment and the removal and cleaning of the inlet manifold. The intervening 15,000km services only include ‘an audible check of valve clearances’. Despite disagreeing with Mitsubishi about the cost and relevance of this item I am otherwise quite happy with the vehicle. This event adds a lot of time and material to the service. How, in the second decade of the 21st century can it be necessary to have to something so invasive to an engine as part of routine maintenance?
Answered by CarsGuide6 Sep 2013
You'll find most diesels no matter the brand require regular valve clearance adjustments. To avoid surprises like this I always urge people to do their homework on the cost of ownership before they sign up for their new car.
Other Mitsubishi Triton problems
- What 4WD should I buy for towing?
- What is the towing capacity of the Mitsubishi Triton?
- Why does the speedo in my 2004 Mitsubishi Triton bounce up and down and make a weird noise?
- What can I do about the red paint on my 2016 Mitsubishi Triton fading?
- Are there known problems with 2015 Mitsubishi Triton's intercooler pipes/hoses?
- What is causing my Mitsubishi Triton GLX auto to shudder?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2000: Problems putting it in reverse
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016 or Isuzu D-Max 2015: Which one should I buy?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cars that start with E
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cars that start with E
Who invented the first car and when was it made?