Mitsubishi Triton 2016 or Isuzu D-Max 2015: Which one should I buy?
- Isuzu D-Max
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Mitsubishi Triton 2017
- Isuzu D-Max 2015
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016
- Isuzu Advice
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Isuzu D-Max Reviews
- Mitsubishi Triton Reviews
- Isuzu Commercial Range
- Isuzu Ute Range
- Mitsubishi Commercial Range
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Shaun
I am wanting to buy a 2016-2017 Triton MQ but I'm not sure how many kilometres are too many. Most I am looking at have around 60,000kms. My back-up plan is to buy a 2015 Isuzu D-Max with 150,000kms on it. Which is a better decision?
Answered by CarsGuide16 May 2020
The D-Max is pretty well regarded in the trade for its ability to go the distance, but modern, common-rail diesel technology has shown that a vehicle with fewer kilometres is usually a better bet than one with more. Although they do an amazing job in terms of power, torque, towing and fuel economy, today’s turbo-diesels are pretty highly strung in some ways and really need their maintenance. And the older they get, the more attention they seem to need in terms of new injectors, filters and pumps.
A D-Max with those kilometres might be ready for a pretty big (and expensive) service, too, so make sure your first trip in it isn’t going to be to a workshop. Ultimately, price, condition and service history should steer your decision as they should in any second-hand vehicle purchase. I’d take a vehicle with 150,000km with a full service history over a 60,000km one with no service records.
Other Mitsubishi Triton problems
- What can I do about the red paint on my 2016 Mitsubishi Triton fading?
- Are there known problems with 2015 Mitsubishi Triton's intercooler pipes/hoses?
- What is causing my Mitsubishi Triton GLX auto to shudder?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2000: Problems putting it in reverse
- Mitsubishi Triton 2008: Central locking issues
- Mitsubishi Triton 1999: What problems should I look out for?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2005: Driver floor overheating.
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016: How do I check the auto transmission fluid?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Grey nomad caravans, camper-trailers,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- What's the difference between diesel and...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Grey nomad caravans, camper-trailers, motorhomes, camper vans
Best small cars under $20,000
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?