Mitsubishi Triton 2016 or Isuzu D-Max 2015: Which one should I buy?
- Isuzu D-Max
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Mitsubishi Triton 2017
- Isuzu D-Max 2015
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016
- Isuzu Advice
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Isuzu D-Max Reviews
- Mitsubishi Triton Reviews
- Isuzu Commercial Range
- Isuzu Ute Range
- Mitsubishi Commercial Range
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Shaun
I am wanting to buy a 2016-2017 Triton MQ but I'm not sure how many kilometres are too many. Most I am looking at have around 60,000kms. My back-up plan is to buy a 2015 Isuzu D-Max with 150,000kms on it. Which is a better decision?
Answered by CarsGuide16 May 2020
The D-Max is pretty well regarded in the trade for its ability to go the distance, but modern, common-rail diesel technology has shown that a vehicle with fewer kilometres is usually a better bet than one with more. Although they do an amazing job in terms of power, torque, towing and fuel economy, today’s turbo-diesels are pretty highly strung in some ways and really need their maintenance. And the older they get, the more attention they seem to need in terms of new injectors, filters and pumps.
A D-Max with those kilometres might be ready for a pretty big (and expensive) service, too, so make sure your first trip in it isn’t going to be to a workshop. Ultimately, price, condition and service history should steer your decision as they should in any second-hand vehicle purchase. I’d take a vehicle with 150,000km with a full service history over a 60,000km one with no service records.
Other Mitsubishi Triton problems
- What should I do if my 2011 Mitsubishi Triton makes a grinding noise when changing gears?
- What is causing my 2019 Mitsubishi Triton to have DPF issues?
- How do I add a leaf spring to the suspension of my 2010 Mitsubishi Triton?
- What's the better buy, Pajero Sport Exceed or Toyota Fortuner Crusade?
- What 4WD should I buy for towing?
- What is the towing capacity of the Mitsubishi Triton?
- Why does the speedo in my 2004 Mitsubishi Triton bounce up and down and make a weird noise?
- What can I do about the red paint on my 2016 Mitsubishi Triton fading?