What midsize SUV has good fuel economy?
- Mazda CX-5
- Kia Sportage
- Holden Captiva
- Ford Escape
- Ford Escape 2017
- Holden Captiva 2017
- Kia Sportage 2017
- Mazda CX-5 2017
- Ford Advice
- Holden Advice
- Kia Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda CX-5 Reviews
- Kia Sportage Reviews
- Holden Captiva Reviews
- Ford Escape Reviews
- Ford SUV Range
- Ford Wagon Range
- Holden SUV Range
- Holden Wagon Range
- Kia SUV Range
- Kia Wagon Range
- Mazda SUV Range
- Mazda Wagon Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Jackie Reed
My 2014 Ford Focus is getting another clutch put in it. I've opened up another case with Ford Australia asking for a buyback because they told me the last clutch would solve the problem. Anyway, I need to upgrade to a small size SUV for work. I have done a test drive of a Holden Captiva and a Ford Escape, and I'm planning on driving a Mazda CX-5 and a Kia Sportage. I actually quite liked the Ford Escape. The Captiva wasn't great, but it had a 5-year warranty and 3-years free servicing, which wasn't bad. I do a lot of driving so need something with good fuel economy. What do you recommend?
Answered by CarsGuide23 Jun 2017
All of them would be good choices, but I would prefer the Mazda CX-5 or the Kia Sportage. Either would be fine.
Other Kia Sportage problems
- Why did the engine in my 2012 Kia Sportage seize without warning?
- If I want to upgrade my car should I trade it in or sell it privately?
- Which small SUV should I buy to replace my Hyundai Tucson?
- Should I buy a Toyota RAV4, Kia Sportage or Mazda CX-5?
- Does the Kia Sportage 2019 have surging issues?
- What is the best car to tow a camper trailer?
- What SUV's are the most fuel efficient?
- Kia Sportage: How to check the model year
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- The top five fastest electric cars in the...
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Kia
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV battery manufacturers explained
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
The top five fastest electric cars in the world
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
12 best EVs available in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000