Mercedes-Benz SLK350 air-conditioning vents
- Mercedes SLK-Class
- Mercedes-Benz SLK350
- Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class 2011
- Mercedes-Benz SLK350 2011
- Mercedes-Benz Advice
- Mercedes SLK-Class Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz SLK350 Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz Coupe Range
- Mercedes-Benz Convertible Range
- Prestige & Luxury Cars
Asked by Rod Nash
The air-conditioning vents in my 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLK350 constantly make cracking/creaking sounds as they heat and cool. They are clearly audible over the radio/music. In over 30 years of driving I have never had a car that does this. They are driving me crazy. The dealer tried to fix them, but no luck. Now Mercedes is saying that this is not a defect and there is nothing wrong with the car. This is not the quality you expect and pay for from Mercedes. How can I get Mercedes to address this issue?
Answered by CarsGuide20 Sep 2013
Go back to the dealer and explain your frustration to him and request again that they be fixed. Should that not achieve the outcome you want take your complaint higher and go directly to Mercedes-Benz itself. I am sure if you do that you will receive the service you believe you are entitled to.
Other Mercedes SLK-Class problemsSEE ALL MERCEDES SLK-CLASS PROBLEMS
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mercedes-Benz
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers