Mercedes-Benz C250 2015: What tyres produce less road noise?
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Mercedes-Benz C 250
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class 2015
- Mercedes-Benz C250 2015
- Mercedes-Benz Advice
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz C 250 Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz Sedan Range
- Mercedes-Benz Wagon Range
Asked by Ray
I have done 36,000 km in my 2015 Mercedes-Benz C250 since new. The dealer told me the humming noise in the car comes from the tyres and they need to be changed. They look ok to me, but I am no expert. The car is fitted with Contisport Contacts5 run-flat tyres and it has different sizes in the front and rear. What would be the best brands to consider as replacements? As they are low profile, I would like a quite soft ride, not too many bumps and noise.
Answered by CarsGuide19 Oct 2018
I assume the noise you are unhappy with is road noise. You could try a Michelin tyre, which is probably your best option, but the tyres are run-flats, so you won't get a soft ride whatever the brand you fit.
Other Mercedes-Benz C 250 problems
- C250 tyre noise fix?
- C250d annoying clicking noise
- Airmatic for C250 petrol sedan?
- Options for retirement car?
- Good sedan for long trips?
- Thoughts on C250?
- Lexus or Mercedes-Benz?
- Run flat tyres on new Mercedes-Benz