Mazda BT-50 2014: High fuel consumption
- Mazda BT-50
- Mazda BT-50 2014
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda BT-50 Reviews
- Mazda Commercial Range
- Mazda Ute Range
Asked by William Steel
My Mazda BT-50's fuel consumption has been steadily increasing over time. I am now up to 25,600 km and the vehicle is using up to 11 L/100 km without any load. The last time I took it to the dealer the service manager said that they had cleaned something or other. I topped up the tank, reset the trip computer and drove to Sunshine Coast, a distance of about 190 km. When I got there the trip computer was reading 8.8 L/100 km. I got back in the car the next day and drove back along the same road, the Bruce Highway, and it was reading 9.4 L/10 km. It's now up to 10.2 L/100 km. It's actually higher when measured at the pump than what the trip computer says. Any suggestions where I could get this looked at properly?
Answered by CarsGuide13 Jun 2014
The fuel consumption figures you have supplied don't seem to be too far off what Mazda claims it should do. Mazda claims an urban fuel consumption of 11.76 L/100 km, which would appear to be in line with your 11.0 L/100 km, and a combined figure of 8.9 L/100 km, which would seem to be in line with your 8.8 L/100 km. The type of driving has an enormous impact on fuel consumption and I suspect that's the main factor in what you are seeing. If you want to have the vehicle checked take it to a diesel mechanic.
Other Mazda BT-50 problems
- Is a Mazda BT-50 or Ford Ranger better for touring?
- Are the fifth and sixth gears in my 2016 Mazda BT-50 overdrive gears?
- Why does the transmission in my 2017 Mazda BT-50 take so long to engage?
- Why has the transmission light come on in my 2012 Mazda BT-50?
- Is there an allowable tolerance for the fitment of the aluminium tray on my 2020 Mazda BT-50?
- What is causing the automatic gearbox to clunk in my 2014 Mazda BT-50?
- Why is the clutch making an odd noise in my 2015 Mazda BT-50?
- What could be causing my 2009 Mazda BT-50 to misfire?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- What's the difference between diesel and...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
12 best EVs available in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?