Mazda 6 2013: High fuel consumption
Asked by Sakun
I recently bought a used 2013 Mazda 6 with full service history from Mazda dealers. It's a petrol sedan with 146,000 km on clock. In city driving I'm getting fuel consumption around 10.4-10.6 L/100 km, and I'm concerned about it. Is it normal? Over a long highway drive of 700 km I got 6.6-7 L/100 km. Moreover, I hear lot of suspension noise as well. Could you please let me know any background of this car or what could be the issue, what should I do?
Answered by CarsGuide31 May 2019
It’s a little higher than I would expect. It should be around 8.7 L/100 km in city driving and 5.3 on a country run. It would be worth having it checked by a mechanic or dealer to see if there is something amiss with it. It’s hard to say what the suspension noise might be, without actually hearing it I would only be guessing. Have a suspension specialist check it for you.
Other Mazda 6 problems
- Does the 3rd generation of the Mazda 6 have unreliable in transmission?
- Mazda 4 - A bigger hatchback than the 3?
- Mazda 7 - Will Mazda build a bigger sedan than the 6?
- Mazda 9 - Will we ever see a successor to the 929?
- Problems with engine failure in my 2010 Mazda 6
- Why does it take more effort to steer left in my 2011 Mazda 6?
- What can be done about a broken transfer case in a 2007 Mazda 6?
- What wagon should I buy for less than $35000?