Mazda 3 2007-2018: What size boot to the sedan and hatch have?
- Mazda 3
- Mazda 3 2007
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Mazda Sedan Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Rada
What are the boot sizes of a 2007 Mazda3 sedan, 2018 hatch and 2018 sedan?
Answered by CarsGuide9 May 2020
Despite the Mazda 3 growing in size over the years (and gaining about 100kg depending on the model and specification) the boot size hasn’t improved in the 11 years between the models you’ve asked about.
The 2007 Mazda 3 sedan had a boot measuring 416 litres, while its 2018 opposite number could fit eight litres less with a total of 408 litres. The 2018 hatchback had even less luggage capacity with just 308 litres.
As an aside, when comparing boot sizes, it’s important to know the exact method the manufacturer has used to arrive at the figure in the brochure. There are different methods and they have a huge effect on the outcome. Presumably, Mazda hasn’t changed its measurement method over the years, so the comparison in this case stands.
Other Mazda 3 problems
- Are we going to see the new Mazda 3 turbo AWD in Australia?
- Can you advise whether the Mazda 3 has a timing belt or a timing chain?
- What are the safety issues of the 2011 Mazda 3?
- What should I replace my 2015 Mazda 3 Maxx Hatch with?
- Mazda 4 - A bigger hatchback than the 3?
- Mazda MX3 - What ever happened to the Eunos 30X?
- Mazda 9 - Will we ever see a successor to the 929?
- Which is better: 2014 Mazda 3 Astina or 2016 Mazda 3 SP25?