Loud tappet noise after servicing
Asked by Lucy
The car has got 70,000 km on the clock, is in great condition, the engine was so quite I could hardly hear it, but after buying it I checked the oil and it was black, so I changed it with 5W-30 full synthetic oil and filter all recommended by Kia. When I started it there was loud tappet noise that was not there before, so put tappet quiet in the oil, but still made the noise, after two weeks I added engine flush, drained it out and put in 5W-30 full synthetic oil plus tappet quiet stuff. But it’s still making a loud tappet noise.
Can the tappets be adjusted, or is this the usual sound of this model?
Answered by CarsGuide8 Jun 2018
The tappets are not adjustable, and it’s not normal that they are noisy. It’s hard to know what has happened as a result of it standing for so long. Have a mechanic check the tappets.
Other Kia Cerato problems
- What car should I buy for my mum?
- What is the difference between the Hyundai i30 N Line and Kia Cerato GT?
- Is a new Kia Cerato a good 2015 Mini Cooper replacement?
- Kia Cerato: When will the towbar for the GT be ready?
- Kia Cerato 2015: Why does my radio have so much static noise?