I'm having problems with my Mazda BT50 twin-cab pick-up order
Asked by Robert Battersby
I've ordered a Mazda BT50 twin-cab pick-up and when I spoke to the dealer, I asked for the steel tray premium upgrade. So they quoted on that. Now they have realised they didn't put the original tray price on the contract for me to sign and want me to change my contract to change the price of the vehicle. I was completely unaware of this mistake they made and have said I'll stick with the original quote. Now they keep saying they cannot get the tray and it will be another two months. I've already waited two months with the same response as the ute is in stock. I've also contacted the company that make the trays and they are in stock. What should I do in this situation? I'm lost but think I'm in the right; they are just making me wait or get it now with a different tray for $7000 more, which I haven't got.
Answered by CarsGuide5 Aug 2021
This is one of the problems with the way the prices of band-new vehicles are haggled over. Had there been just a simple checkout price (as there is with nearly everything else we buy) this confusion probably wouldn't have crept in. I take that, having asked for the tray upgrade, you then paid attention only to the final price being offered by the dealer.
Regardless of whether the dealer is trying to stall you with talk of a two month wait is a side issue. And perhaps you can hold out and force the dealer to supply the vehicle as per your contract of sale. Then again, if the mistake was a genuine one by a member of the sales staff (who could conceivably lose their job over such a blunder) then what's the moral solution? Perhaps there's a compromise to be made by both parties. I can understand you not wanting to pay an extra $7000 for a different type of tray, but surely that's not the best result for anybody. In an ideal world, perhaps one solution would be for the dealer to provide the tray at their cost price (so they don't lose money on the deal) and you get a cheap(er) tray because you're not paying retail. Yes, it's complicated. But that's what happens when commerce meets karma.
Other Mazda BT-50 problems
- Why is my 2016 Mazda BT-50 3.2-litre using 14 litres per 100kms?
- What do I do if a dealer gives me and incorrect quote?
- Why is my 2012 Mazda BT-50 making a scraping noise?
- What 4WD should I buy for towing?
- Why does the powertrain light keep coming on in my 2014 Mazda BT-50?
- Why is my 2019 Mazda BT-50 is losing traction?
- Why is my 2015 Mazda BT-50 losing power?
- Is a Mazda BT-50 or Ford Ranger better for touring?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- A guide to converting your old car to...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- The top five biggest problems with hybrid...
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- Every electric car available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
A guide to converting your old car to electric
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
The top five biggest problems with hybrid cars
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
Every electric car available in Australia