I need a new front driver's door for my 2014 Ford Focus, will a 2012 or 2016 Ford Focus door work?
- Ford Focus
- Ford Focus 2014
- Ford Focus 2012
- Ford Focus 2016
- Ford Advice
- Ford Focus Reviews
- Ford Hatchback Range
- Ford Sedan Range
Asked by Brigitte
Answered by CarsGuide3 Dec 2021
Ford used the same body on its Focus from 2011 until the model was replaced in 2018. On that basis, the front door from either of the cars you’ve listed should fit your car perfectly. You don’t even need to worry about finding a door from a sedan or hatch as opposed to a two-door Focus, as Ford didn’t offer that model in Australia in a two or three-door (which would have had longer doors). Even the sportiest Focus, the ST, was a five-door hatchback. Ford did give the Focus a mild facelift in 2015, but the styling changes were restricted to the front and rear, with the doors not altering at all.
Finding a second-hand door shouldn’t present too many problems the Focus sold in reasonable numbers and many ended up in recycling yards. You might even strike it really lucky and find the door in the same colour as your car which might negate the need to have it painted.
Other Ford Focus problems
- Will a Ford Focus radiator work on a 2002 Ford Cougar?
- The front passenger tyre on my 2006 Ford Focus fell off. Are the axles on the 2002 and 2006 Ford Focus interchangeable?
- Will headlights from a 2005 Ford Focus interchange with a 2000 Ford Focus?
- Should I sell my 2004 Ford Focus to the wreckers?
- What is the best dog-friendly car?
- Will a 2004 Ford Focus 2.0 manual clutch plate work in a 2009 Ford Focus?
- Which generation Focus can I use to replace a window on a 2016 Ford Focus?
- Where is the fuel filter located in my 2010 Ford Focus?