Hyundai i30 2015: Radio recall?
- Hyundai i30
- Hyundai I30 2013
- Hyundai I30 2015
- Hyundai Advice
- Hyundai i30 Reviews
- Hyundai Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Karen
I have a Hyundai i30 2015 model which had a faulty radio which was fixed within the three-year warranty period. My daughter has a 2013 Hyundai i30 which also has a faulty radio. She has been advised she will need to pay for repairs although it appears the Hyundai has a record of problems with the radio. Has there been any recall? Can you please offer advice regarding a resolution? Should she have to pay for repairs if the radio is faulty?
Answered by CarsGuide4 Jan 2020
Unfortunately, you’re unlikely to get a manufacturer to pay for repairs on a car that is well and truly out of warranty (as a 2013 Hyundai, which came with a five-year warranty, is). The difference would be if the faulty radio was a pre-existing condition that Hyundai had been notified of before the warranty ran out.
It’s very unlikely that a car-maker would issue a recall for something like a faulty radio, as recalls are generally caused by safety-related problems and faults. But manufacturers do issue TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) for non-safety problems.
I have heard of Hyundai radio units giving trouble, usually starting with a lack of volume and working their way up to no sound and then no power at all. The good news is that the trade knows about it and there are specialists who have a dedicated fix for these units. In the meantime, it would certainly be worth asking your Hyundai dealer if they’ll fix or replace the head-unit. For instance, since you’re obviously a Hyundai family, or if you were a long-time, repeat customer, you might find the dealership will listen sympathetically in order to keep your business into the future. But don’t go to the bank on it.
Other Hyundai i30 problems
- Why is it hard to star my Hyundai i30?
- Hyundai i35 - Did this model ever exist?
- Should I buy a 2013 Hyundai i30?
- Why is my 2020 Hyundai i30 misfiring?
- Does my 2012 Hyundai i30 petrol need a timing belt change at 100,000km?
- Is there a radiation problem in 2016 Hyundai i30s?
- Hyundai i30 Bluetooth: How to Use Bluetooth in a Hyundai i30?
- Does the 2.0-litre engine in a 2012 Hyundai i30 have a timing belt or chain?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Hyundai
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures