How do I take my Nissan Navara out of limp mode?
- Nissan Navara
- Nissan Advice
- Nissan Navara Reviews
- Nissan Commercial Range
- Nissan Ute Range
Asked by Jason
How do I take my Nissan Navara out of limp mode after having water in the fuel? I have put in a new filter and new fuel.
Answered by CarsGuide11 Jun 2021
Modern turbo-diesel engines absolutely hate having water enter the fuel system. It can cause lots and lots of damage and isn’t always fixed by simply changing the fuel filter and the contents of the tank. Sometimes injectors and even the high-pressure fuel pump itself will be damaged by the ingress of water. If that’s the case, then more work will be needed before the vehicle is safe to drive again, as you may wind up doing more harm to other components until the full scope of the water-damage has been diagnosed.
For that reason, you really should have the vehicle looked at by a specialist. A specialist workshop will be able to tall you what else needs fixing or replacing. A specialist will also be able to electronically cancel the limp-home mode and any check-engine lights once all is well.
Other Nissan Navara problems
- Does a 2011 Nissan Navara Turbo have a timing belt or chain warning light?
- How much will it cost to replace the clutch in my 2008 Nissan Navara?
- Does the 2010 Nissan Navara have a timing belt or chain?
- Why has my 2011 Nissan Navara lost most of its engine power?
- Which 4x4 Dual Cab ute should I buy?
- Is the 2007 Nissan Navara a good choice?
- Nissan Navara 2010: Why is the engine light coming on?
- Nissan Navara 2019: Accelerator failure code
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Cars that start with E
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Cars that start with E