Holden Cruze 2011: Leaking water pump
- Holden Cruze
- Holden Cruze 2011
- Holden Advice
- Holden Cruze Reviews
- Holden Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Dee
I've heard that there was some extended coverage/warranty for recall issues related to water pump assembly leaks in Holden Cruze JH 2011-2013. I'm just wondering if there's any information you can tell me about this at all please? I've had a lot of problems with my car the last four weeks, water pump replaced twice, once by Kmart auto and again today by Holden dealership. I'm wondering whether there is some sort of cover re cost for this the Holden, or is it legit that I should pay for that as normal? I've had a fairly good experience with Holden dealership with my issues the last couple weeks, they did replace my transmission just over a week ago, at no cost to me and with zero resistance, was all diagnosed, reported, approved and replaced within two days. So I want to trust them with this too but I've had a bad run lately with car mechanics, in four weeks the cars been in to get repairs seven times, towed eight times (broken down seven times), and just found out today from Holden that my recent issue was due to water pump issues (which was apparently replaced n fixed 21/5/19 by Kmart auto).
Answered by CarsGuide21 Jun 2019
Leaking water pumps are not unknown; most are changed every time the timing belt is changed because they’re leaking.
Other Holden Cruze problems
- What can I do if the transmission in my 2012 Holden Cruze has failed?
- Holden Cruze Bluetooth: How to Use Bluetooth in a Holden Cruze?
- Are there any issues with a Holden Cruze 1.6 petrol turbo from 2015 onwards?
- Why did I loose acceleration in my 2012 Holden Cruze even though I still had revs?
- Why won't my 2009 Holden Cruze auto change gears?
- What are the known problems for a 2012 Holden Cruze?
- Is a 2012 Holden Cruze likely to have a faulty gearbox?
- Holden Cruze 2010: Failed transmission
Most viewed in Advice
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for Australian drivers
12 best EVs available in Australia