Holden Colorado 2012: Faulty seat belt pre-tensioner
- Holden Colorado
- Holden Colorado 2012
- Holden Advice
- Holden Colorado Reviews
- Holden Ute Range
- Family Cars
- Car Servicing
Asked by Heath Ryter
Last year my business partner and I purchased two new 2012 Holden Colorados. Besides the extremely poor build of these cars, including rattling seats, squeaky strut tops, I am having difficulties getting the dealer to repair a faulty seatbelt pre-tensioner, a fault they diagnosed. They say the part is on back order; it has been since about February. I have effectively a new vehicle with airbags that will not work in an accident situation, which worries my wife, and a warning light and constant dinging from the dash. I really would like to take this issue further with a higher authority but am at a loss? Their customer service is appalling, our calls, e-mails etc. are never returned.
Answered by CarsGuide19 Jul 2013
We have asked Holden to check your complaints and give us a date that the part will become available. The warning lights and alarm must be annoying, but the airbags should still operate normally despite the faulty seat belt pre-tensioner. When working, the pre-tensioner comes into play before the airbag and provides protection in less severe crashes where the airbag wouldn't be deployed. The airbag operates in severe crashes, independently of the pre-tensioners. If you are in any doubt get your dealer to explain the operation of the car's safety systems.
Other Holden Colorado problems
- My 2015 Holden Colorado selects reverse without a problem, the reverse camera comes on, but the tail lights don't light up when I hit the brake pedal...
- When fitting four new tyres on my 2018 Holden Colorado, I was told it needed new suspension fitted, because the wheel alignment was out and could not be adjusted...
- I replaced my engine and now I have odd vibrations in the car when I drive it...
- How do I fix the vibration issue on my 2012 Holden Colorado?
- Why has my 2014 Holden Colorado suddenly stopped working?
- Why is there a change in noise when I switch from two to four-wheel-drive in my Holden Colorado 2013?
- How can I check what's eating the battery while my 2013 Holden Colorado is switched off and parked?
- Where is the fuse for the reverse lights/reverse camera located in the 2013 Holden Colorado?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- The Eight best Electric utes heading to...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
The Eight best Electric utes heading to Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing