Holden Colorado 2012: Faulty seat belt pre-tensioner
- Holden Colorado
- Holden Colorado 2012
- Holden Advice
- Holden Colorado Reviews
- Holden Ute Range
- Family Cars
- Car Servicing
Asked by Heath Ryter
Last year my business partner and I purchased two new 2012 Holden Colorados. Besides the extremely poor build of these cars, including rattling seats, squeaky strut tops, I am having difficulties getting the dealer to repair a faulty seatbelt pre-tensioner, a fault they diagnosed. They say the part is on back order; it has been since about February. I have effectively a new vehicle with airbags that will not work in an accident situation, which worries my wife, and a warning light and constant dinging from the dash. I really would like to take this issue further with a higher authority but am at a loss? Their customer service is appalling, our calls, e-mails etc. are never returned.
Answered by CarsGuide19 Jul 2013
We have asked Holden to check your complaints and give us a date that the part will become available. The warning lights and alarm must be annoying, but the airbags should still operate normally despite the faulty seat belt pre-tensioner. When working, the pre-tensioner comes into play before the airbag and provides protection in less severe crashes where the airbag wouldn't be deployed. The airbag operates in severe crashes, independently of the pre-tensioners. If you are in any doubt get your dealer to explain the operation of the car's safety systems.
Other Holden Colorado problems
- Why is the gear stick in my 2015 Holden Colorado wobbly?
- Why does the engine light keep coming on in my 2008 Holden Colorado?
- How do I disable the seat-belt sensor for the passenger seat in my 2012 Holden Colorado?
- Can I increase the brightness of the dash lights in my 2013 Holden Colorado?
- What is causing the brake pedal to sink slowly to the floor in my 2016 Holden Colorado?
- What is causing a front end knock in my 2020 Holden Colorado ZL1?
- How can I test if there's too much blow-by in the engine of my 2010 Holden Colorado?
- Holden Colorado 2011: Problems with the crankshaft
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Cars that start with E
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Cars that start with G
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Cars that start with E
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Cars that start with G
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing