Holden Colorado 2008: Blowback diesel
- Holden Colorado
- Holden Colorado 2008
- Holden Advice
- Holden Colorado Reviews
- Holden Commercial Range
- Holden People mover Range
- Holden SUV Range
- Holden Ute Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Robyn
I was filling my 2008 Holden Colorado RC with diesel when I got drenched with diesel as a result of blowback. I've been filling this car for many years and never had this happen. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. The Puma fuel station was new and had only been open three hours since renovation.
Answered by CarsGuide26 Apr 2019
It could be that they’ve replaced their pumps and the flow was too high for your car. Try tempering the flow next time you fill at that servo, and to be sure fill at another servo to see if it does it at other stations or it’s just related to the newly renovated one.
Other Holden Colorado problems
- Why has my 2014 Holden Colorado suddenly stopped working?
- Why is there a change in noise when I switch from two to four-wheel-drive in my Holden Colorado 2013?
- How can I check what's eating the battery while my 2013 Holden Colorado is switched off and parked?
- Where is the fuse for the reverse lights/reverse camera located in the 2013 Holden Colorado?
- Why is the gear stick in my 2015 Holden Colorado wobbly?
- Why does the engine light keep coming on in my 2008 Holden Colorado?
- How do I disable the seat-belt sensor for the passenger seat in my 2012 Holden Colorado?
- Can I increase the brightness of the dash lights in my 2013 Holden Colorado?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- The top five biggest problems with hybrid...
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle...
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
The top five biggest problems with hybrid cars
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cheapest electric car in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle is not an EV, yet | Opinion
Top five electric SUVs in Australia