Ford Falcon 2010: Steering wheel deteriorating
- Ford Falcon
- Ford Falcon 2010
- Ford Advice
- Ford Falcon Reviews
- Ford Sedan Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Mal Legg
The steering wheel on my 2010 FG Falcon ute has begun degenerating. It started with part of the steering wheel rubbing away on the right-hand side. Ford refused to cover it because the car was out of warranty, but they offered to pay 25 percent of the cost of replacement. More recently I noticed that there appears to be pinholes appearing at the top of the wheel and it is wearing away from underneath the bottom of the wheel. Surely a steering wheel should last longer than three years. Is there a statutory warranty that covers this area? Have any other readers experienced this problem as well? Where else can I take my complaint?
Answered by CarsGuide5 Oct 2012
It is unusual for a steering wheel to fall apart in such a short time, but yours is the only report we've received here at Carsguide. You could consult the consumer affairs people in Victoria, but I would recommend you accept the offer. Going further is only going to take up more of your time and it's unlikely that you would get the result you want.
Other Ford Falcon problems
- Why does my 2002 Ford Falcon idle irregularly and have a delayed throttle response?
- What oil can I use instead of Ford Engine Oil?
- What is causing my 2001 Ford AU Falcon ute to miss?
- Ford Falcon 2003: Leaking coolant and replacing remote locking
- Ford Falcon 2002: Why does the engine keep cutting out?
- Ford Falcon: Can I use premium unleaded fuel?
- Ford Falcon 2010: Is semi-synthetic oil appropriate for my car?
- What is the best tow vehicle to buy?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Fuel efficiency explained
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
12 best EVs available in Australia
Fuel efficiency explained