Ford Falcon 2009: Cylinder head
- Ford Falcon
- Ford Falcon 2004
- Ford Falcon 2005
- Ford Advice
- Ford Falcon Reviews
- Ford Sedan Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Ken Smith
In 2009 I purchased a BA Ford Falcon with only 149,000 km on the clock, and at the 75,000 km service it was diagnosed as having a misfire at idle which maybe caused by a burnt valve on number eight cylinder. The dealer's service advisor he advised me that there was a problem with the Boss 260 motor with imperfections in that cylinder head, and a modified head fixed the problem. I have not heard of this problem and am concerned that I should have had problems at such a low mileage. I am wondering if you know of any such problem and should Ford have dealt with this problem under warranty. As I am an older driver it has had a very gentle life with me.
Answered by CarsGuide1 Mar 2012
The BA is well out of warranty, so the issue of being fixed under warranty doesn't come up, and it's doubtful that Ford would have automatically changed the head on the basis of a maybe. The best thing to do now is to repair the head.
Other Ford Falcon problems
- Why does my 2002 Ford Falcon idle irregularly and have a delayed throttle response?
- What oil can I use instead of Ford Engine Oil?
- What is causing my 2001 Ford AU Falcon ute to miss?
- Ford Falcon 2003: Leaking coolant and replacing remote locking
- Ford Falcon 2002: Why does the engine keep cutting out?
- Ford Falcon: Can I use premium unleaded fuel?
- Ford Falcon 2010: Is semi-synthetic oil appropriate for my car?
- What is the best tow vehicle to buy?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- What is the speed limit while towing in...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV battery manufacturers explained
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
What is the speed limit while towing in Australia?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?