Jeep Grand Cherokee 2016: Does the Laredo have a full-size spare tyre?
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 2016
- Jeep Advice
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews
- Jeep SUV Range
Asked by Neville Jenkin
In your test of the Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo you again state that this car has a full-size spare. My Laredo came with a space-saver. How do you explain that? The standard tyres are Michelin 265x18 but the spare is a Kuhmo 245x18. That's a space-saver by any definition. You also refer to the car's 3.5-tonne towing capacity and that may be so for most of the time. But what if there's a puncture and the spare has to be used? The owner's handbook specifically states: "Do not attempt to tow a trailer while using a compact spare tyre". Look a little deeper get your facts right. Articles like this are not totally correct.
Answered by CarsGuide17 May 2016
A space-saver, by our definition, is a narrow temporary replacement, where a 245 is virtually identical to the standard tyre. According to Fiat Chrysler spokesman Andrew Chesterton: "The 18-inch spare is slightly narrower than the standard tyre but has a load rating of 110, which matches or exceeds the standard tyre's load rating. The circumference is also within an allowable tolerance. While the owner's handbook does not recommend towing with a 'compact spare' fitted to the vehicle, the factory-fitted spare we use in Australia is not of this variety."
Other Jeep Grand Cherokee problems
- I am having issues with my Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2019. Do you have any advice on who is responsible to pay for the lease repair payments under warranty?
- What car should I get to tow a 22-foot caravan around Australia?
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015: Blown automatic transmission.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 1996: Where can I buy a front tailshaft?
- What SUV should I buy?
- Does the Jeep Grand Cherokee have product quality issues?
- Is the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 2015 reliable?
- What towing vehicle should I buy?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- The Eight best Electric utes heading to...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Jeep
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
The Eight best Electric utes heading to Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing