Mazda 3 2015: Paint peeling
- Mazda 3
- Mazda 3 2015
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Mazda Sedan Range
Asked by Michael
The dealer says as outlined in the owner’s book, bird droppings cause this. I thought this is ridiculous as the car is well cared for and cleaned. If droppings are noticed they are removed as soon as practically possible. He refused to give me the decision in writing. I followed up with head office, and they promised the world, then came back and said, photos from the dealer are unclear, so needs more investigation. Then came back and said, the dealer said it was droppings, end of story, and nothing can be done.
Wondering if this is a common story of Mazda paint? I also have a Mazda6, parked and cared for in the same way, with no issue at all. Feel it is terrible quality if the paint will peel off after droppings being on it for a few hours. This story is a little more back and forth, but this is the summary, can provide more details and photos.
Answered by CarsGuide23 Jun 2018
Without being able to see the paint problem it is difficult to be conclusive, but on the basis of what you have told us it is more likely to be the paint quality than bird droppings.
Your best course of action is to consult a paint specialist and have them make an independent assessment that you can submit to Mazda.
Other Mazda 3 problems
- Mazda 4 - A bigger hatchback than the 3?
- Mazda MX3 - What ever happened to the Eunos 30X?
- Mazda 9 - Will we ever see a successor to the 929?
- Which is better: 2014 Mazda 3 Astina or 2016 Mazda 3 SP25?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
- Why does the tyre pressure light keep coming on in my 2019 Mazda 3?
- Mazda 3 2007-2018: What size boot to the sedan and hatch have?
- 2012 Mazda 3: Power-steering cutting out
Most viewed in Advice
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for Australian drivers