Cruise-control not working in 2015 Subaru Forester
- Subaru Forester
- Subaru Forester 2015
- Subaru Advice
- Subaru Forester Reviews
- Subaru SUV Range
Asked by Ross
I have an ongoing electrical problem with my 2015 Diesel Forester that my Subaru dealer has been unable to rectify. The cruise-control light flashes and then the cruise-control does not work; the hill-start light flashes; the vehicle dynamic system light flashes; and also, the emission-control system warning light comes on.
Answered by CarsGuide31 Aug 2020
Without being able to scan the car from here, this sounds like a classic case of a body computer that is suffering a slow death. This computer is the one that links all the car’s major functions, including those ones you’ve listed as being on the blink. Random failures of these systems all at once point to the computer itself rather than the systems themselves.
Hooking the car up to a scanner at a workshop will tell you a lot more about what’s going on as the mechanic should be able to read the fault codes and make a diagnosis from there. The alternative cause is a poor earth somewhere in the car or a dodgy battery that is playing hell with the computer’s power source. Modern cars will not tolerate a poor power supply or earthing problems.
Other Subaru Forester problems
- What is causing a whistling noise from the exhaust of my 2007 Subaru Forester?
- Is a 4WD necessary for travelling through regional Queensland?
- What is the best family SUV for around $20000?
- What model X-Trail or Forester should I buy for less than $19000
- What wagon should I buy for less than $35000?
- Subaru Forester 2017: How much can this car tow?
- Subaru Forester 2009: Why are the warning lights flashing on the dash?
- What year is my Subaru Forester?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- When to use low range in your 4x4
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Fuel efficiency explained
- What's the difference between diesel and...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Subaru
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
When to use low range in your 4x4
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Fuel efficiency explained
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?