Can you adjust the rear suspension height in a 2006 Toyota Pardo?
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2006
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Reviews
- Toyota SUV Range
Asked by Paul
I recently bought an old 2006 Toyota Prado TX Limited. It had 250,000km on it and in a week with it, I have put another 1200km on it. The car drives great, handles well, basically everything about it is okay. The only issue I am having with it is the height of the rear suspension. It’s simply too high. I have looked for the button that is supposed to adjust the rear height but this particular vehicle does not have a button in any of the positions that the car’s manual suggests. Can someone help identify where the rear suspension height adjustment button can be found?
Answered by CarsGuide13 Apr 2021
In Australia, this model Prado was available in GX, GXL, VX and Grande trim levels. There was a TX model for some markets globally, but if your car is a private import from elsewhere, then it’s an absolute crap-shoot trying to decipher its options and standard fitments.
With that in mind, if it is either a GX, GXL or VX, then it won’t have a button to control the rear ride height, because the only Australian-delivered 120-Series Prado to have this feature was the Grande. The reason your vehicle sits too high probably has more to do with a previous owner fitting heavier rear springs to account for fully-loaded touring or towing a decent sized trailer.
Other Toyota Land Cruiser Prado problems
- Can you adjust the driver's seat height in a 2006 Prado GXL?
- Has Toyota rectified the diesel DPF issues for their 2021 vehicles?
- What's a good 4WD for the outback?
- Why is my horn and reversing camera not working?
- The paint on my 2007 Toyota Prado is peeling off, what should I do?
- Can I replace the master cylinder on my 2000 Toyota Prado with a second-hand one?
- Why is the media screen on my 2015 Toyota LandCruiser Prado now in Japanese?
- How much is my 2011 Toyota Landcruiser Prado worth?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Chinese electric cars: Top five electric...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Chinese electric cars: Top five electric vehicles from China
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?