Buying during Holden sale time
Asked by P. Barclay
Do any of your readers who purchased a Holden during the 100-hour sale feel they were ripped off? I do. I walked into my local dealer on the last day of sale to buy a Barina to replace my wife’s Daewoo Koleos. I checked the Trax out and decided to spend $8000 more, but I wasn’t willing to sign on my first sighting of this vehicle or until I organized my finances. I walked into the dealer on the following Wednesday and ordered a new white Trax only to be told that there were no white ones available, that I could only have either a red or a metallic colour. I didn't want another red car, so spent another $500 for a metallic colour. I was also told that the free servicing sale had finished. I accepted that and a week later I picked up the new car. Three days later there was a big Holden sale, in which the Trax was $1000 cheaper and had free servicing until 2020. I had a number of sessions via phone and e-mail with Holden’s customer care dept, but with no result. No consideration at all. I thought I was buying at a sale price, but I realize now that it was the normal going rate for a Trax. If the second sale had been some months later I also would have accepted it, but two weeks apart, I feel I have been conned big time.
Answered by CarsGuide4 Dec 2015
The dealer is dumb. He got a sale, but lost a customer. Had he been a little more forthcoming with you and told you about the upcoming sale and to wait he would have got his sale and probably kept you as a customer long term. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to happen that way these days.
Other Holden Trax problems
- What are the pros and cons of a 2018 MG ZS?
- Holden Trax 2015: What fuel is best?
- Problems with a 2014 Holden Trax
- What car has a higher rating than the Holden Trax that is similar in size and price?
- Flaking paint on 2015 Holden Trax
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Fuel efficiency explained
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Fuel efficiency explained