Mazda BT-50 2007: Lemon
- Mazda BT-50
- Mazda BT-50 2017
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda BT-50 Reviews
- Mazda Commercial Range
- Mazda Ute Range
Asked by Ross
She took delivery in July and only travelled 23 km from the dealership when the transmission warning light showed up on the instrument panel. She stopped and called Mazda Roadside Assistance for assistance. After a good while the roadside assistance operator said they could not raise the contractor to attend her vehicle, so we called RACQ to return the ute back to the dealership. This ute has now been there almost three weeks while Mazda Melbourne HQ has authorised tests, changing of the transmission control module, then changing of the auto transmission and wiring harness, all of which have not rectified the issue.
Mazda is now asking the dealer to change the whole main wiring harness. My daughter has paid for a new ute, she literally only had a few hours ownership and did minimal kilometres. The problem isn't fixed, she doesn't have her vehicle and is demanding a full refund and she does not want to accept a BT-50 replacement. This ute should really go back to Mazda so they can check it themselves and not be wasting everyone's time and effort. What is your opinion with this whole issue?
Answered by CarsGuide11 Aug 2017
I agree that it is not an acceptable situation, and believe she has good ground on which to claim a full refund. The car as delivered was clearly not fit for purpose, which is proven by the extended time that Mazda has taken in so unsuccessfully attempting to fix it. I would call in the ACCC.
Other Mazda BT-50 problems
- Why is my 2015 Mazda BT-50 losing power?
- Is a Mazda BT-50 or Ford Ranger better for touring?
- Are the fifth and sixth gears in my 2016 Mazda BT-50 overdrive gears?
- Why does the transmission in my 2017 Mazda BT-50 take so long to engage?
- Why has the transmission light come on in my 2012 Mazda BT-50?
- Is there an allowable tolerance for the fitment of the aluminium tray on my 2020 Mazda BT-50?
- What is causing the automatic gearbox to clunk in my 2014 Mazda BT-50?
- Why is the clutch making an odd noise in my 2015 Mazda BT-50?
Most viewed in Advice
- Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking...
- Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
- How to find the right canopy for your HiLux
- Satellite Phone: 5 best sat phones reviewed
- Electric car battery warranties explained
- 14 best cars for towing a trailer
- How to remove scratches from your car
- Ultimate accessory guide for the Toyota HiLux
- What demerit points count if you get booked...
- Why you should check the Written-Off Vehicle...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking affordable vehicles
Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
How to find the right canopy for your HiLux
Satellite Phone: 5 best sat phones reviewed
Electric car battery warranties explained
14 best cars for towing a trailer
How to remove scratches from your car
Ultimate accessory guide for the Toyota HiLux
What demerit points count if you get booked in another state?
Why you should check the Written-Off Vehicle Register