BMW X6: Do you recommend buying?
- BMW X Models
- BMW X6
- BMW X Models 2019
- BMW X6 2019
- BMW Advice
- BMW X Models Reviews
- BMW X6 Reviews
- BMW SUV Range
- People mover
- Buyers Guide
- Family Cars
- Prestige & Luxury Cars
- Buying tips
Asked by Todd
I've seen a few BMW X6's under $30,000, which has piqued my interest in one. Compared to the X5, RR Sport and Touareg's pricewise they seem cheap. Would they be fine to buy one now with 150,000 km on the clock for another 150,000 km motoring with usual maintenance? Or should I look for another soft roader?
Answered by CarsGuide26 Apr 2019
The reality is that the chances of problems increases as the mileage climbs, so to expect a car to be trouble-free after 300,000 km is asking a lot. If the car you buy is in good condition, with a full service history then you stand a good chance, but it’s important to maintain the servicing and be prepared to fix anything that breaks or wears out, and hope it’s nothing major. Other makes are subject to the same provisos.
Other BMW X Models problems
- Would swapping 20-inch wheels for 18-inch wheels affect the handling and safety of my BMW X5?
- What year BMW X4 can I purchase on my budget?
- BMW X3: replacement key cost
- BMW X5: Replacement key cost
- BMW X1 2011: Seats cracking
- BMW X6: Do you recommend buying?
- Land Rover Discovery 3 and BMW X5 2009: Maintenance costs
- BMW X5 2003: What is the market value?