Holden Barina 2003: What is the best petrol to use?
- Holden Barina
- Holden Barina 2003
- Holden Advice
- Holden Barina Reviews
- Holden Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Peter Huleatt
My daughter currently runs her 2003 Holden Barina XC on regular unleaded petrol, but I'm concerned about what we will do when regular unleaded is phased out from next year. In the past she has had problems running on E10, so I was going to suggest she just use premium unleaded until I read that premium unleaded is not recommended for everyday use on smaller engines. What do you think?
Answered by CarsGuide22 Jul 2010
The jury is out about E10 at the moment; it is supposed to be satisfactory for modern cars, but there are too many reports like yours that suggest that's not quite right. You could run the Barina on premium unleaded and not have a problem and that's probably the best thing to do if you are concerned about ethanol.
Other Holden Barina problems
- Does my 2001 Holden Barina need a new clutch?
- Why does the engine light keep coming on in my 2010 Holden Barina?
- What is causing my 2006 Holden Barina to select a gear but not move?
- Why is the steering on my 2010 Holden Barina unstable?
- Holden Barina 2000: Why does my car randomly lose momentum?
- Holden Barina: Parts not stocked in Australia
- What is the correct tyre pressure for the Holden Barina 2010?
- Holden Barina 2011: Does this car have a timing chain or belt?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- The top five biggest problems with hybrid...
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle...
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
The top five biggest problems with hybrid cars
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cheapest electric car in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle is not an EV, yet | Opinion
Top five electric SUVs in Australia