Best petrol for Barina
- Holden Barina
- Holden Barina 2003
- Holden Advice
- Holden Barina Reviews
- Holden Hatchback Range
Asked by Peter Huleatt
My daughter currently runs her 2003 Holden Barina XC on regular unleaded petrol, but I'm concerned about what we will do when regular unleaded is phased out from next year. In the past she has had problems running on E10, so I was going to suggest she just use premium unleaded until I read that premium unleaded is not recommended for everyday use on smaller engines. What do you think?
Answered by CarsGuide22 Jul 2010
The jury is out about E10 at the moment; it is supposed to be satisfactory for modern cars, but there are too many reports like yours that suggest that's not quite right. You could run the Barina on premium unleaded and not have a problem and that's probably the best thing to do if you are concerned about ethanol.
Other Holden Barina problems
- Why does the engine light keep coming on in my 2010 Holden Barina?
- What is causing my 2006 Holden Barina to select a gear but not move?
- Why is the steering on my 2010 Holden Barina unstable?
- Holden Barina 2000: Why does my car randomly lose momentum?
- Holden Barina: Parts not stocked in Australia
- What is the correct tyre pressure for the Holden Barina 2010?
- Holden Barina 2011: Does this car have a timing chain or belt?
- Holden Barina 2010: Rattling noise in the gearbox
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Stamp duty for cars explained
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
12 best EVs available in Australia
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Stamp duty for cars explained
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list