Best mid-size car for city and camping?
- Mazda 3
- Hyundai i30
- Mitsubishi ASX
- Suzuki Vitara
- Honda HR-V
- Peugeot 4008
- Renault Koleos
- Suzuki Grand Vitara
- Renault Captur
- Honda Advice
- Hyundai Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Peugeot Advice
- Renault Advice
- Suzuki Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Hyundai i30 Reviews
- Mitsubishi ASX Reviews
- Suzuki Vitara Reviews
- Honda HR-V Reviews
- Peugeot 4008 Reviews
- Renault Koleos Reviews
- Suzuki Grand Vitara Reviews
- Renault Captur Reviews
- Honda SUV Range
- Hyundai SUV Range
- Mazda SUV Range
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
- Peugeot SUV Range
- Renault SUV Range
- Suzuki SUV Range
- Family Cars
- Buying tips
Asked by Kim
I want to upgrade to either demo model or 1 to 2-year-old used car for around $26,000. My problem is I have two totally different needs for one car. I mostly drive in the city so don't want something too large and is easy to park, but I also go camping and visit family on country roads so need something mid-size that has more boot/cargo space with seats down to fit my camping gear, and more power to feel confident to overtake on country roads/go up hills etc. The features I ideally want are cruise control, reverse camera, car info display monitor, digital radio, GPS, climate control, adjustable steering wheel, intermittent wipers, fog lamps, voice control, 18-inch alloys, tinted windows. I also want something with sleek design and a cool looking interior/dashboard. I am not sure if I should choose a mid-size SUV or a hatchback with decent boot space that I can fold the seats down when camping. Some of the models I have looked at are the Mitsubishi ASX, Honda HRV, Suzuki Vitara and Grand Vitara, Renault Captur, Peugeot 4008 and Renault Koleos, and the Mazda 3, Hyundai i30. I am confused.
Answered by CarsGuide21 Nov 2016
You need to simplify your needs and wants. Most, if not all new cars have the sort of features you want. The more pressing issue is the choice of SUV or hatch. While a hatch might be best for your city needs, it probably wouldn't suit your camping needs, so I would rule that out and focus on a compact SUV. Of all the models you have looked at I would select the Suzuki Grand Vitara.
Other Suzuki Grand Vitara problems
- Does the 2017 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.4 have a timing belt or a timing chain?
- What engine coolant should I use in my 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara?
- What is the best for a high school student?
- What 4WD SUV should I buy?
- What is the best car to tow a camper trailer?
Most viewed in Advice
- Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
- Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking...
- The Best Camper Trailer Tents in Australia
- Does the Ford Focus have a timing belt or...
- The pros and cons of semi-slick tyres
- What is the most expensive car in the world?
- Does the Mazda 6 have a timing belt or chain?
- What is Autonomous Emergency Braking or AEB?
- Trucks you only need a car licence to drive
- Is it illegal to have an open vessel...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Suzuki
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking affordable vehicles
The Best Camper Trailer Tents in Australia
Does the Ford Focus have a timing belt or chain?
The pros and cons of semi-slick tyres
What is the most expensive car in the world?
Does the Mazda 6 have a timing belt or chain?
What is Autonomous Emergency Braking or AEB?
Trucks you only need a car licence to drive
Is it illegal to have an open vessel containing alcohol in your car?