Best mid-size car for city and camping?
- Mazda 3
- Hyundai i30
- Mitsubishi ASX
- Suzuki Vitara
- Honda HR-V
- Peugeot 4008
- Renault Koleos
- Suzuki Grand Vitara
- Renault Captur
- Suzuki Grand Vitara 2017
- Honda Advice
- Hyundai Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Peugeot Advice
- Renault Advice
- Suzuki Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Hyundai i30 Reviews
- Mitsubishi ASX Reviews
- Suzuki Vitara Reviews
- Honda HR-V Reviews
- Peugeot 4008 Reviews
- Renault Koleos Reviews
- Suzuki Grand Vitara Reviews
- Renault Captur Reviews
- Honda SUV Range
- Hyundai SUV Range
- Mazda SUV Range
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
- Peugeot SUV Range
- Renault SUV Range
- Suzuki SUV Range
- Family Cars
- Buying tips
Asked by Kim
I want to upgrade to either demo model or 1 to 2-year-old used car for around $26,000. My problem is I have two totally different needs for one car. I mostly drive in the city so don't want something too large and is easy to park, but I also go camping and visit family on country roads so need something mid-size that has more boot/cargo space with seats down to fit my camping gear, and more power to feel confident to overtake on country roads/go up hills etc. The features I ideally want are cruise control, reverse camera, car info display monitor, digital radio, GPS, climate control, adjustable steering wheel, intermittent wipers, fog lamps, voice control, 18-inch alloys, tinted windows. I also want something with sleek design and a cool looking interior/dashboard. I am not sure if I should choose a mid-size SUV or a hatchback with decent boot space that I can fold the seats down when camping. Some of the models I have looked at are the Mitsubishi ASX, Honda HRV, Suzuki Vitara and Grand Vitara, Renault Captur, Peugeot 4008 and Renault Koleos, and the Mazda 3, Hyundai i30. I am confused.
Answered by CarsGuide21 Nov 2016
You need to simplify your needs and wants. Most, if not all new cars have the sort of features you want. The more pressing issue is the choice of SUV or hatch. While a hatch might be best for your city needs, it probably wouldn't suit your camping needs, so I would rule that out and focus on a compact SUV. Of all the models you have looked at I would select the Suzuki Grand Vitara.
Other Suzuki Grand Vitara problems
- Does the 2017 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.4 have a timing belt or a timing chain?
- What engine coolant should I use in my 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara?
- What is the best for a high school student?
- What 4WD SUV should I buy?
- What is the best car to tow a camper trailer?
- Suzuki Vitara 2019: Driver door won't open with key or remote
- Are there 4WD for sale for up to $3,100 maximum?
- Toyota RAV4: What car is similar?
Most viewed in Advice
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Suzuki
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?