Best car to tow a horse float
- Subaru Forester
- Mitsubishi Outlander
- Toyota RAV4
- Ford Falcon
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2018
- Toyota RAV4 2018
- Subaru Forester 2018
- Ford Falcon 2003
- Ford Advice
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Subaru Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Subaru Forester Reviews
- Mitsubishi Outlander Reviews
- Toyota RAV4 Reviews
- Ford Falcon Reviews
- Ford Sedan Range
- Ford Wagon Range
- Ford Ute Range
- Mitsubishi Sedan Range
- Mitsubishi Wagon Range
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
- Subaru Sedan Range
- Subaru Wagon Range
- Subaru Ute Range
- Toyota Sedan Range
- Toyota Wagon Range
- Toyota Ute Range
- Buyers Guide
- Buying tips
Asked by Danielle
I am looking for recommendations of new vehicles that can tow a horse float that are not SUV or 4WD. I have a double straight load lightweight float and only tow one horse (approx. 500 kg) at any time approx. twice a week. I only have room for one car in my garage and find an SUV and 4WD a little bulky and sluggish for driving the majority of time I am not towing.
My current tow vehicle is a BA Falcon, which is unfortunately reaching the end of its life. Please help!
Answered by CarsGuide26 Oct 2018
Having ruled out an SUV your choices are fairly limited. If you were prepared to buy used you could buy a late model Falcon, but if you want to buy new you’re really limited to an SUV. Most SUVs have good performance, they’re certainly not sluggish, and they aren’t all bulky. Something like a Toyota RAV4, Mitsubishi Outlander, or a Subaru Forester should be able to comfortably handle your towing needs.
Other Ford Falcon problems
- I wanted to get your advice on an older cheap car for around $5-7K. Do you have any recommendations?
- I have a 2009 Ford Falcon, and a red triangle warning light has been coming on the dash.
- Can I use E10 fuel in my 2003 Ford Falcon BA 4.0-litre?
- My 2001 Ford Falcon is having trouble starting on a slope. Any idea why this could be happening?
- The ICC screen has died suddenly. Is it likely I need to replace the battery?
- Is Valvoline 10W40 okay to use in the 2002 Falcon 4.0 litre?
- How much should it cost to replace the headliner in my Ford BA Falcon?
- How can I change driveshaft centre bearing on a 2004 BA Falcon?
Most viewed in Advice
- Five best small cars in Australia
- Everything you need to know about BYD cars
- The history of old Holden cars in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Five best small SUVs for towing
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- How to look for a fuel-efficient tow vehicle
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- The top five biggest problems with electric...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Five best small cars in Australia
Everything you need to know about BYD cars
The history of old Holden cars in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Five best small SUVs for towing
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
How to look for a fuel-efficient tow vehicle
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
The top five biggest problems with electric cars