Ford Falcon: Upgrading to bigger wheels
- Ford Falcon
- Ford Falcon 1999
- Ford Falcon 2000
- Ford Advice
- Ford Falcon Reviews
- Ford Sedan Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Ted Dickinson
I have a written off 1999 AU Falcon with brand new 15-inch tyres on very nice mags and would like to put them on my 2000 AU which has 16-inch wheels and tyres. What would change if I did, and would it cause any damage?
Answered by CarsGuide21 Nov 2014
The only thing you should be concerned about is the affect it might have on the speedo readings. Check the overall diameter of the 16-inch wheels and tyres and compare them to the diameter of the 25-inch wheel and tyre combination. If they're close to the same I don't believe you would have any trouble fitting them to the 2000 AU.
Other Ford Falcon problems
- I wanted to get your advice on an older cheap car for around $5-7K. Do you have any recommendations?
- I have a 2009 Ford Falcon, and a red triangle warning light has been coming on the dash.
- Can I use E10 fuel in my 2003 Ford Falcon BA 4.0-litre?
- My 2001 Ford Falcon is having trouble starting on a slope. Any idea why this could be happening?
- The ICC screen has died suddenly. Is it likely I need to replace the battery?
- Is Valvoline 10W40 okay to use in the 2002 Falcon 4.0 litre?
- How much should it cost to replace the headliner in my Ford BA Falcon?
- How can I change driveshaft centre bearing on a 2004 BA Falcon?
Most viewed in Advice
- Five best small cars in Australia
- Everything you need to know about BYD cars
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- How to look for a fuel-efficient tow vehicle
- The history of old Holden cars in Australia
- The top five biggest problems with electric...
- Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
- The Eight best Electric utes heading to...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Five best small cars in Australia
Everything you need to know about BYD cars
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
How to look for a fuel-efficient tow vehicle
The history of old Holden cars in Australia
The top five biggest problems with electric cars
Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
The Eight best Electric utes heading to Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia