Ask Smithy Xtra Toyota Land Rover possible lemon
- Land Rover Freelander 2
- Land Rover Freelander 2 2007
- Land Rover Advice
- Land Rover Freelander 2 Reviews
- Land Rover SUV Range
- Land Rover
Asked by Bruce B.
The day before I picked up my Land Rover Freelander 2 SE in 2007 I was told that there was a noise in the rear diff and that they were going to replace the whole diff! They assured me that it would be perfect once that was done, but then at 15,000 km later the diff again was replaced! Since then I have had numerous problems with the car, a failure of the bonnet micro switch, replacement of the air conditioning unit, replacement of the steering wheel, replacement of the driver?s seat belt. Much to my horror and five months out of warranty, with only 113,000 km on the odometer the automatic transmission has failed and requires replacement. I have been told the cost will be $9,000-$10,000!!! I am still waiting for a decision from Land Rover Australia as to whether they will replace this under goodwill. I have on numerous occasions told them that I was not happy with this car and in fact consider it to be a lemon. Have you got any suggestions as to what I should do if LandRover does not come to the party?
Answered by CarsGuide10 May 2011
We don’t have lemon laws like they do in the United States, but the new consumer laws that came into effect in January this year give the consumer more power to resolve issues with the products they buy, and that includes cars. Take you case to the ACCC at , or the consumer affairs department in your state.
Under the Australian Consumer Law introduced in January 2011, a consumer can request a refund or a replacement for persistent problems if the car doesn’t do the job it’s supposed to do.
Other Land Rover problems
- What car should I get to tow a 22-foot caravan around Australia?
- Land Rover Discovery 5 - Why do they just call it Discovery?
- Land Rover Discovery 1 - Is the first Discovery becoming a classic?
- What is the most expensive Land Rover in the world?
- Should I sell my 2005 Land Rover Discovery?
- Is the Range Rover Sport 2002 expensive to maintain?
- Land Rover Discovery Sport 2012: Engine failure
- Land Rover Discovery 2017: Need replacing due to major problems
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Land Rover
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?