Ask Smithy Xtra Ford Fiesta air-con airflow problems
Asked by Bill Potts
I bought new a 2008 Ford Fiesta and the dial for the vent controls does not isolate the airflow, whatever you do it still directs air onto your feet. I thought it would just be an adjustment by the dealer during a service, but no. Then the run around started, the dealer said it was "normal", while Ford said that if the dealer said it was OK then it is. They said they relied on the dealers to tell them about the faults in a model. It?s a little problem, I know, but it is plain tacky and annoying! Apparently it is classified as a "characteristic", not a fault of the model. If it was a fault, they said Ford would fix it, but to me it just not put together right. It seems a like I?ve come to a dead-end, you shouldn?t have to go over even the vent controls when you buy a new car?
Answered by CarsGuide28 Apr 2010
It could be a design flaw in the Fiesta, as Ford and its dealer appear to be saying, but it certainly sounds like there’s a fault in the vent system. Take it back to the dealer and ask for an explanation of how the system works, and from that you might determine whether it’s a build fault or a design flaw.
Other Ford Fiesta problems
- Ford Fiesta 2012: What are the replacement intervals for the timing belt?
- Ford Fiesta 2011: When should I change the timing belt?
- Ford Fiesta 2010: Where to buy a spare tyre?
- Ford Fiesta: Key fob replacement
- Ford Fiesta 2011: Broken transmission
- Ford Fiesta 2011: Is a transmission malfunction covered by Ford?
- Which hatchback should I buy?
- My Ford Fiesta's transmission is making a bad sound
Most viewed in Advice
- Nissan RB30 engine: Your guide to the petrol...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- When to use low range in your 4x4
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Nissan RB30 engine: Your guide to the petrol six-cylinder motor
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
When to use low range in your 4x4