Nissan Dualis 2011: Airbag light flashing
Asked by Kerry Clarke.
The airbag light in my Nissan Dualis is flashing. The dealer told me it would take two weeks for the part to arrive, in the meantime "drive safely because the airbags might not work!" It's now been nine weeks and there is still no resolution. Nissan's customer service centre weren't particularly helpful. All they could do is tell me the part will arrive in "December", which is extremely broad and makes me think that the part has still not even shipped. What are my options to get this issue escalated and resolved ASAP? If I did have an accident and the airbags didn't activate, would Nissan be liable?
Answered by CarsGuide17 Nov 2010
The dealer’s advice to drive “carefully” is appalling. If there is a risk of the airbags not working they should have offered you a replacement car until yours if repaired. The part required is probably coming from overseas, but Nissan could airfreight it here and have it available within a day or two. That the dealer has had your car for nine weeks is, again, appalling. The best thing to do is to get on the phone to Nissan headquarters and express your disappointment with the treatment you have received. If you were unfortunate enough to have a crash you would be liable, I doubt that Nissan could be held accountable, but you would need to get legal advice on that.
Other Nissan Dualis problems
- Nissan Daulis 2014: How to fix the front seat?
- Nissan Dualis 2011: Won't lock
- Nissan Dualis 2013: Are there common problems over 175,000km?
- Nissan Dualis 2010: Should I change to a single-mass flywheel?
- Would a 2009 Nissan Dualis with 210,000km on the clock be reliable?
- Nissan Dualis 2013: Is 175,000km going to cause a problem?
- Can you recommend an SUV for my family?
- Nissan Dualis 2012: Are these gearbox issues normal?
Most viewed in Advice
- Five best small cars in Australia
- The history of old Holden cars in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Everything you need to know about BYD cars
- Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- The top five biggest problems with electric...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Five best small cars in Australia
The history of old Holden cars in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Everything you need to know about BYD cars
Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
The top five biggest problems with electric cars
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?