2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara front suspension
- Suzuki Grand Vitara
- Suzuki Grand Vitara 2010
- Suzuki Advice
- Suzuki Grand Vitara Reviews
- Suzuki SUV Range
- Family Cars
- Car Servicing
Asked by Lisa Conklin
A year after buying my 2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara I noticed a noise coming from the front suspension, so I took it back to where I bought it from to have it checked and rectified. Although they told me that they had fixed the problem, the noise was still there. I took it back a second time, and again they told me that they had fixed it, but hadn't. Unhappy, I went to another dealer where I actually took a mechanic with me in the car so he could hear the noise himself. He told me he did, but the noise was still there the next day. I went back again and this time they told me the problem was that the strut top bearings needed replacing. It was fine for a while, but the noise soon returned. I next took my car to Pedder's Suspension where they carried out a Tech Check & Report and identified the problem. Is it worth approaching Suzuki to see if they will fix the problem, which has been an ongoing problem since I bought the vehicle new, or do you think there is no point?
Answered by CarsGuide27 Dec 2013
Even though the car is out of warranty it's certainly worth approaching Suzuki to get them to fix it, particularly if you have the paperwork showing what you have done to try and fix it. A carmakers responsibility doesn't end when his warranty runs out, they have a responsibility under law to fix defective products, and yours would seem to have been defective since new.
Other Suzuki Grand Vitara problems
- Does the 2017 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.4 have a timing belt or a timing chain?
- What engine coolant should I use in my 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara?
- What is the best for a high school student?
- What 4WD SUV should I buy?
- What is the best car to tow a camper trailer?
- Suzuki Vitara 2019: Driver door won't open with key or remote
- Are there 4WD for sale for up to $3,100 maximum?
- Toyota RAV4: What car is similar?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Cars that start with G
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Suzuki
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Cars that start with G