2008 Mitsubishi Pajero diesel timing chain
- Mitsubishi Pajero
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2008
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Pajero Reviews
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
Asked by Lee Dedini
Does the 2008 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2-litre diesel have a cam timing chain or a belt?
Answered by CarsGuide1 Aug 2014
It has a timing chain, which doesn't need to be replaced as a toothed belt does, but it's worth checking the timing chain guides as they wear and if the wear is allowed to become excessive they can fail and possibly jam the chain, which could cause significant and expensive damage to the engine. Around 90,000 km seems to be the danger period where failures can occur.
Other Mitsubishi Pajero problems
- What's a good 4WD for the outback?
- What is causing my 2014 Mitsubishi Pajero to blow black smoke, jolt through gears and only go 60km/h?
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2002: Is 324,000kms too many?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2010: What problems are there with this model?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2004: What can I claim from insurance?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2009: Why isn't the accelerator working?
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2003: Why is the four-wheel drive symbol flashing?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- The top five biggest problems with hybrid...
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle...
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
The top five biggest problems with hybrid cars
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cheapest electric car in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle is not an EV, yet | Opinion
Top five electric SUVs in Australia