Frequently asked questions
We have established a list of the most frequently asked questions in our Carsguide help section. This may save you needing to contact us directly.
Problems with your ad
3rd Party Websites: recently there has been fradulent URL's being sent via email or text claiming to be part of Carsguide.com.au. Any processes to do with buying or selling your vehicle will only need to take place on Carsguide.com.au or sellmycar.carsguide.com.au - otherwise they are not ours. DO NOT give any personal information to these 3rd party websites.
Carsguide Solutions or Secure Carsguide or Cars Guide Support: Carsguide.com.au is NOT associated with and does not recommend that buyers/sellers utilise ANY 3rd party websites that are not directly linked from carsguide.com.au.
Text Message Fraud: Carsguide.com.au encourages you to take precautionary measures when responding to possible buyers and any text message requests for personal details such as email. We encourage you to not respond via email to interested parties as this is a common fraud practice. Please Note: Carsguide.com.au will not contact you via SMS at any stage other than during step one of creating your car advertisement. This text will only ever include a verify code to enter during step one of uploading your car details. Carsguide.com.au will never request you to do this more than once.
Carsguide has been notified today (10.03.14) of a scam via text message claiming to be Carsguide Security advising customer's their account has been blocked. This is a fraudulent text message and should be ignored. If you have provided any of your account details via the URL we suggest changing your Carsguide password immediately.
If you have any questions around:
- Fraudulent listings (Click here for more info)
- Feedback on news and stories
- Car finance query
- Website problems
- Advertising enquiries
- Mobile site problems
Please contact us via the enquiry form
to the right.
We aim to respond to all enquiries within one business day.
Business hours: Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5:30pm AEST
Print ad contact numbers
Please contact the relevant newspaper classifieds customer service representatives on the numbers below:
- Newspaper Contact Number
- The Australian 02 - 9288 3000
- Sunday Telegraph 02 - 9288 2000
- - Country Free Call 1800 182 280
- - Interstate Free Call 1800 811 022
- Perth Sunday Times 08 - 9326 8326
- Cairns Post 07 - 4031 3333
- The Gold Coast Bulletin 1300 112 345
- Cumberland newspapers (NSW) 131 979
- Leader newspapers (VIC) 03 - 9875 8000
- Newspaper Contact Number
- Daily Telegraph 02 - 9288 2000
- Herald Sun 03 - 9292 2222
- - Brisbane 132 202
- - Sunshine Coast 07 - 5451 7200
- Hobart Mercury 03 - 6230 0400
- Townsville Bulletin 07 - 4722 4400
- Northern Territory News 08 - 8944 9999
- Messengers newspapers (SA) 08 - 8347 5757
- Quest newspapers (QLD) 13 88 22