Terms and Conditions of Entry for the "Pirelli Calendar 2013" Promotion
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, an eligible entrant must complete an online entry form including their name, address, phone number and email address and answer in about 20 words what they think of the new Pirelli Calendar look. The best answer, as judged by the Carsguide.com.au Editor, will be considered the winner.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over at the time of entry. Eligible entrants can enter as many times as they wish.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
4. Carsguide.com.au reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Carsguide.com.aur is not responsible for the receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information caused by an entrant. Errors and omissions may be accepted at Carsguide.com.au discretion. Failure by Carsguide.com.au to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
6. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, Carsguide.com.au reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
7. The promotion commences on Friday 14 December 2012. Entries close at 11.59pm AEDST on Sunday 13 January 2013. The final decision on the winners will be made at 12:00pm AEDST on Tuesday 15 January 2011 at Level 23, 175 Liverpool Street, Sydney NSW 2000. Winners will be notified by email and winners’ names will be published on Carsguide.com.au on Friday 18 January 2013.
8. This competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining each winner. Each valid entry will be individually judged by Carsguide.com.au on the basis of literary and creative merit.
9. Carsguide.com.au can amend the Terms and Conditions of this promotion at any time without prior notice.
10. In the event of a dispute, Carsguide.com.au's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winning entries will win one 2013 Pirelli Calendar as shot by Steve McCurry. Each prize calendar is valued at AU$1,000. Carsguide.com.au accepts no responsibility for any variation to the prizes or value of the prizes.
12. The prize calendar will be mailed to the winner's nominated addresses within seven days of the calendar shipment arriving in Australia. Carsguide.com.au is not responsible for any loss, theft or damage to a prize or part of a prize after it has been delivered to a winner.
13. If for any reason a winner does not accept delivery of a prize within 3 months of being notified then the prize will be forfeited.
14. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable at the time of delivery to a winner, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
15. The prize, or any unused or unclaimed portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash.
16. Each entrant consents to Carsguide.com.au using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by Carsguide.com.au.
17. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Carsguide.com.au, Carsguide.com.au reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
18. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Carsguide.com.au (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Carsguide.com.au) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Carsguide.com.au; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) any use of a prize or any part of a prize.
19. As a condition of accepting a prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation in the form required by Carsguide.com.au and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
20. Carsguide.com.au collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use entrants' personal information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct any personal information to Carsguide.com.au. All entries become the property of Carsguide.com.au.